Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"When the working day is done..."

Girls ... they want to have fun.
Bachelorette Party Post!

Alrite, I know I emailed you guys about this as well - but lets blog about some good ideas. I know nothing about Hoboken, or good places to go out in NYC ( i just realized that I had initially written 'DC' here ... whoops) ... so any and all help is SO appreciated!

Also, we need to find a date and I think the earlier the better, so I can get the word out, and start making some awesome plans!

Jilly already emailed me a list of people to add to the invite list in addition to you lovely gals, so I want to make sure I include them as well, with as little amount of email spam as possible :)

I am going to start looking into restaurants now ...





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not an NYC expert by any means but am friends with several :) What type of atmosphere are we looking for?? Trendy/loungy or more fun or just regular dinner type place??

There is a place online in hoboken i found called the 3 Forty bar I think. It is on the waterfront and you can sit outside and see the NYC skyline. It is pricey though and primarily seafood.

If we are willing to go into Manhatten there is super fun place I've gone to before called Vynl. They have salads and sandwhiches and entrees and martinis. There are several locations and they are all really fun. I went their meatpacking disctrict location which was great because it was near a bunch a bars where we could dance right afterward.

Let me know you're thoughts and I'll keep looking!!

Anonymous said...

PS. Do we want to deck Jill out in bachellorette pary stuff?? Something more low key that I've done in the past is have the bride wear one color (white maybe) and everyone else wears all black. It is a subtle way to make the bride stick out a little bit. When we went to dinner we all just wore our outfits but when we were out and about we gave the bride a hot pink boa to go with her white dress :)

Bree Harrison said...

I think a more fun/bar kind of place sounds better for Jill and a bachelorette party overall. We are going to do dinner FIRST, so Krissy and Moms can join in, and then go out after. That restaurant on the water sounds amazing Julia!

and oh yes we are totally decking jill out. some sort of silly crown (maybe fairy wings keeping with the midsummer theme???) I like the idea of some sort of theme, I went to an 80s themed bachelorette party and it was really fun.

We can talk about this more after the shower, but I just wanted to get the creative juices flowing.